Born in 2003
- Alfredo came to live at Rancho 3M as a young child. His mom, who is mentally ill and abuses drugs, legally abandoned him after he was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of four. Alfredo’s father committed suicide when he was a young child. Although his grandmother took custody of him immediately, she brought him to the Ranch after he completed cancer treatment as she was unable to continue caring for him. Alfredo’s grandmother has no living family and is diabetic, selling used clothes on the street to live. Despite her poverty, she visits Alfredo at the Ranch regularly. By God’s grace, Alfredo has survived cancer treatment, and the doctors told us that if he lives five years without the cancer returning he has an 85% chance of living a normal lifespan. However, the trauma Alfredo experienced has affected his mental faculties, making him a slower learner. However, Alfredo is receiving special help from his teachers at Colegio Logsdon, and is progressing well despite his challenges!
- What is your favorite subject in school?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- A policeman
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite activity?
- Playing drums